Tuesday, August 7

Arriva Derci

Sir Tom Cowie, life President of the Arriva Group, has today suggested he will no longer financially support the Conservatives.

Cowie, who has donated £630,000 since 2001, blames David Cameron's "arrogant" style of leadership for the move.

Yet it is his comments on why he is no Gordon Brown fan that I find intriguing. He says:

"I am very angry about him taking £500 a week in extra taxes on my pension and what has David Cameron done about it, absolutely nothing ... how would you feel if you are 85 and you suddenly had £500 a week taken away from you?"
Well Sir Tom, if I was an 85 year old who could afford to give the Conservatives donations at a rate of £2000 per week over a six year period then I suppose £500 in extra taxes wouldn't amount to a great hill of beans...

No response to “Arriva Derci”